13 May 2017

Cleo by Panache Kali: an explosion of sunny thoughts!


Cleo by Panache is know to create frilly and youthful lingerie, 
which this amazing Kali set in burnt orange is an amazing example of!
I had the pleasure to try it thanks to the amazing Large Cup Lingerie store!

I own this bra in size 28FF and briefs in size 8 and it pains me to say I don't wear it enough!
Discover why in the rest of the review:

CONSTRUCTION

Kali is a non padded three part balconnet bra!




The lower part of the cups and band is made of a semi-sheer material, 
while the upper part of the cups is sheer;
both materials are non-stretchable!



The straps are fully adjustable and the band clasps with 2 rows of 3 columns of hooks-and-eyes!


The brief is made of non-stretchable material at the front, 

and a slightly stretchable sheer material at the back!
The elastic is not too forgiving, but it's still comfortable to wear!



APPEARANCE

Kali exists in many rich and colorful shades, including the current neon pink from spring/summer 2017 collection.
Burnt orange, the colorway I own, belongs at the fall/winter 2015 collection, 
and, as you can see, it's very joyful and fun!



The top lace panel is sheer and features cute little hearts,
that also "dot" the rest of the semi-sheer lower cup!
(I'm wearing nipple pads for modesty in the pictures below!)



The bra is finished off with a minimalistic double yellow and orange bow at the center gore,
stitched with a contrasting deep blue shade that appears in the hardware as well!


The design of the brief is pretty similar to the bra, 
featuring the same double bow and detailed lace at the sides, as well as overall sheerness!
In addiction, it features a lovely frill at both sides!


FIT

The 28FF feels true to size in terms of cup,
with the typical Cleo tight band and somehow rigid wires.
Most people don't forget they're wearing a Cleo by Panache unpadded bra...
However, since they offer, in my opinion, an AWESOME shape,
the slight discomfort doesn't keep me from wearing them!
It can, however, be a factor for some, so I'm reporting it!


Speaking of numbers:
the band has a length of 53,5 cm (21 inches) and extends to 68 cm (26,8 inches).



The cups are fairly projected, with a cup depth of 24,5 cm (9,6 inches),
though I could use a little bit more of immediate projection and less apex projection!
They are a bit too wide for my narrow roots, with a cup width of 13,5 cm (5,3 inches).
Nothing too major, though, there's no armpit chafing going on!


Kali might cause some problems if you have too much or too little upper fullness:
the top part of the cup is rigid and has no giving,
cutting into the breast tissue in you're FoT or wrinkling a bit if you're FoB or even, like myself!


Additionally, 
I think the straps are a little too wide placed, compared to Lucy from Cleo by Panache!
(Yet to be reviewed, despite being in my bra-drobe for 3 years...shame!)


Kali gives a round and uplifted shape, with a slight peak!
It's considered similar Lucy, which I also own in size 28FF,
but I personally find Kali more uplifting and less "rounding" than Lucy! 


The size 8 brief is true to size, comfortable and, even though I prefer a lot smaller designs,
there's no denying these offer a nice balance between cute and sexy!

CONCLUSIONS:

If you're a girly girl, specially with even projected breasts and requiring medium width,
Kali is a nice unpadded bra for you to try!

In my even breasts, though very similar, it didn't beat Lucy, my holy grail non-padded bra from Cleo!
Like I said, I don't wear this set enough,
and I blame that on the rigid wires and the gaping at the top of the cups...
a shame, I know!
Nevertheless, it's a terrific bra, FUN and QUIRKY!



Kali bra is available in sizes:


and the brief in sizes:


You can find this bra in many color ways at Nordstrom, Figleaves and Bare Necessities.

Do you like unpadded styles?
Do you own any Kali? In which colorway?

Have a lovely week!

This set was kindly gifted by Large Cup Lingerie for reviewing purposes. All the opinions expressed are my own.

Clicking or purchasing through some of the links in this post may yield commissions for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment