13 May 2017

Curvy Kate Jewel: pretty in lilac and blue!



Curvy Kate's unpadded bras are some of my favorite bras in the whole world!
They're super comfortable, very detailed and offer a quite natural shape!

This time I'm showing one of my all time favorite bras: Jewel in size 30F,
I was lucky to find at Brastop for sale about 1 year ago!

Discover just how it fits in the rest of the post, will you?



CONSTRUCTION

Jewel is a non-padded balconnet, with the usual 3 parts construction,
made of a semi-sheer lower part and topped with a sheer material!


The straps are fully adjustable and finish with a U-shaped fashion at the back!
The band fastens with 2 rows of 3 columns of hooks-and-eyes.


APPEARANCE

What caught my eye in Jewel was, with all honesty, it's looks!
I love how delicate the pairing of lilac with the light blue is, as well as the rich embroidery...


The bra is finished off with lovely tiny blue bows in the straps and the gore,
the later being additionally adorned with a lovely crystal bling!


FIT

I bought Jewel in 30F, because 28FF (my usual UK size) was not available.
It turned out that the band, being 60 cm (23,6 inches) long and extending to 73 cm (28,7 inches), 
had to be closed in the second clasp right from the start...
so 28FF would be my ideal size!


The cups, however, with a depth of 22 cm (8,7 inches) and a width of 13,5 cm (5,3 inches), 
are close to PERFECTION for my need of projection and narrow wires!


You can see a little bit of wrinkling specially in my right boob (the smaller one),
that I think the 28FF would have solved!


I get a slight inner quadding, resulting from the passage of the cup material to the top lace...
nothing too noticeable and totally invisible under clothes, so it's not an issue!


Jewel is, therefore, true to size, so I'll recommend you pick your usual size,
unless you're full on top; 
you might struggle with the top lace, so consider sizing up one cup in that case!

I love how low the wires sit on the sides,
which eliminates the dreadful armpit chafing I'm always avoiding!


The shape Jewel provides is round and uplifted, though on the natural side...a total score!
The lace is pretty invisible under light and loose tops!
I'd say this beauty works best for even shapes!

CONCLUSIONS

If you need projected styles with narrow wires and you're looking for a non-padded style, 
Jewel might be the one!

This beauty is sold out almost everywhere, 
but you can still find yours at Belle Lingerie (if you're a 36D)
and at eBay in violet/topaz if you're a 30F/FF, in the black/amber color way in 32F 
and ruby/spice in 32DD!
Did this beauty tempt you?
Have you tried CURVY KATE bras yet? Which ones?

Have a lovely week!


Clicking or purchasing through some of these links can grant commission to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment