20 March 2017

Parfait by Affinitas Charlotte: the pin-up bra!




If you scout the internet in search of beautiful red bras, 
you've probably already met this colorway of Charlotte!
It seems that every other blogger has tried it already!
Back in 2014 I was one of them!
I was totally drawn to it's pin-up aesthetic and ordered the 28FF at eBay!

Might it be that we were not meant to be though?
Read the whole review to find out!


CONSTRUCTION

Charlotte is a padded three part plunge style.


The band and straps are wider than usual,
and the bra is sturdy, offering a lot of support, without feeling uncomfortable!
It claps with 3 rows of 3 columns of hooks-and-eyes, featuring an U shaped back,
and the straps are fully adjustable.


APPEARANCE

Charlotte is very regal looking and has a very Christmas feeling about it!
The rich red - in both satin and matte materials - 
mixed with black makes this bra sexy but still elegant!


It has diagonal stripes and a satin side panel at the cups,
and a cute bow at the center gore to add to it's charm!


The band is made of sheer black mesh!


FIT

I was very unexperienced when I bought Charlotte,
and I didn't know that the 28FF I was choosing was more like a 26FF or 26F!

That being said, even if I had purchased a 28G/GG or 30FF/G instead,
I think I'll still be experiencing a bit of shape miss-match with this beauty!

The reason?

The cups are shallow for this range: the cup depth is only 19,5 cm (7,7 inches)
and a bit too wide as well: the cup width is 13,7 cm (5,4 inches).


The result? 
Major quadboob unfortunately!


Band wise, when I first put it on, the 28 felt tighter than usual, closer to 26 territory!
Currently, after a couple of wears throughout the year it has a length of 61 cm (24 inches)
and stretches to 73 cm (28,7 inches).


Despite the incompatibility my boobs and Charlotte experienced,
I can positively say that this bra offers a very cleavagey rounded and lifted profile!



CONCLUSIONS

Although more suitable for shallower and wider breasts, 
I believe that if you take my size recommendations above,
you probably won't have much problems! 
Very Full on Top breasts, however, might want to size up 2 cups sizes,
to avoid spillage and cutting at the top of the lined cups.

If you love a nice cleavage, Charlotte might be the one for you!

You can get yours at Shoptiques and Her Room.

Other reviews:
Bratabase

Do you own any Charlotte?

Clicking or purchasing through some of the links in this post may yield commissions for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment